It's hot, hot, hot again at the moment with another Heatwave until the weekend, here are some tips to help you stay safe.
• Look out for others, especially older people, those with underlying conditions and those who live alone are particularly at risk
• Stay cool indoors by closing curtains on rooms that face the sun – and remember that it may be cooler outdoors than indoors
• Keep drinks within easy reach – water is better than sugary or caffeinated drinks for staying hydrated. Avoid excess alcohol.
• Never leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals
• Try to keep out of the sun between 11 am to 3 pm, when the UV rays are strongest
• Walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat, if you have to go out in the heat
• Avoid physical exertion in the hottest parts of the day
• Make sure you take water with you if you are travelling